Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Tuesday 13 July 2010

A New Home Card

Budgie New Home Card

I made this for my friend who has finally managed to move home after months of planning!

I love this image, it comes from a brilliant new digi artist, that I found online just a week or so ago at Make It Crafty. I do hope to see much more of her beautiful work.

Anyhow I used the image entitled Fairy Tree House and coloured it with my promarkers. I actually spent a very long time colouring this, following her hints and suggestions about letting it dry between blending, and hopefully it made a difference. Of all the things I have coloured with my promarkers this was the one I was most pleased with.

I couldn’t find some suitable paper of the right colour to mat it onto so I used some K&Co paper and changed the colour of the flowers to match the colours in the picture, having first layered it onto glitter card. Why oh why do we do that, it doesn’t stick and it’s a nightmare to make it stay in place! Just to make life more awkward I first punched a decorative corner into the top of the image layer so that the glitter would show through and of course, then I couldn’t brad it into place, lol

I made my own ribbon flower, sadly the creatables don’t work for me, with a sakura punch and a rectangular punch from fiskars for the ribbon slot. I was tidying it up when I realised it actually looked quite sweet as a rosette and so left the tails in place on the flower and changed it to an award for nicest new home. At least that is where my brain was going, lol

I do hope my friend will be happy in her new home and that she enjoyed my card.

Budgie New Home Card Image

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

1 comment:

  1. Wow Lin. Thanks so much for stopping by to let me know you created a card using the fairy house. It's stunning. You have done a superb job with your lighting and shading which has added terrific dimension. What a fabulous idea to colour in the flowers of the dp to match too and I love the ribbon flower. It is perfect. Hugs xxoo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails