Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Followers

Please respect my

All work exhibited here is my own design, unless otherwise stated, in which case I shall have credited the original author of that work. I am thrilled to be able to share my designs with you but would appreciate that you respect that these are my designs and do not copy and place them anywhere else online or use them for your own personal gain in any way.


Google Website Translator Gadget

Monday 30 August 2010

Childhood Memories

I’ve been having fun this Bank Holiday making this card. It’s not a colour scheme I would normally choose for myself as I am not a fan of the darker promarker colours. However, I am quite pleased with the way the colours go together and am glad I came across the challenge that set my imagination flowing.

30.08.10 Main

I am entering her into

Our Creative Corner – Where I got my intial colour inspiration from following this scheme, or as close to it as I could get the promarkers. image I actually found it quite challenging to stick to just those colours.

Passion for Promarkers  -  They have a sketch to follow and wanted Autumn colours, which I think these are. This is my first PFP challenge, and I hope they don’t mind that I flipped the side imagemy embellishments were on, but there was nothing going on in that corner of the image and it would have swamped the design the other side.

Lili Of The Valley – Dotty About Circles – Each of my BPs have some sort of circular pattern on them, and of course my flowers are circles too.

30.08.10 Image By the way, the original picture does have some shading and colour on her little face, but as you can see from the shadows I took the pic in bright sunlight and it has washed things out a little. Her necklace is also a golden colour, but looks green here!

Oh, Alice! – A little girl theme, beautifully bought to life I hope by this gorgeous LOV stamp ‘Glamorous Gardening’. This was the first stamp that sprung to mind when I was reading the Alice blog about the wonder of childhood. Partly cos I haven’t long bought it, but mainly because I can still vividly recall that we had some sort of fete on the park opposite where I live when I was a young child. I had a thrupenny bit to my name and I bought a beautiful red velvet and fur trimmed dress on a clothes stall. It was obviously for a grown woman, and was a full length vision of loveliness. I saw it and fell in love with it, and even though the stall holder was wanting more than thrupence for it my little hopeful face won the day and I became the proud owner of that gorgeous creation. Oh the happy hours I had playing grown ups in that dress. I used to sing along to an old valve radio (that actually made no sounds) turning the dials pretending to be famous singers in my lovely red dress. Ahhhhhhhhh happy days! 

Cute Card Thursday – Dieing for a Punch – which is actually the opposite of what it sounds, as they want NO nesties or die cuts or punching on your project.

The Shabby Tea Room – Old Meets New – Old Papers (Basic Grey’s Porcelain pad), new stamp.

and finally

Pile It On – Farewell to Summer – The children are about to go back to school, the nights are lengthening, the days shortening and pretty soon the oh so green trees will start turning to the shades in my card, heralding the end of summer and the start of autumn.

Feeling rather whimsical this evening, remembering the long salad days of Summers of my youth, sadly long since passed, but thankfully I have my memories.

 

Butterfly 2 Signature Lin

17 comments:

  1. Hi Lin,
    what a precious card.
    beautifly done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card, such an adorable image and locely colours.
    Thanks for joining us at PFP and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lin, what a pretty card. I love the sweet image and your colouring is fab. Gorgeous papers. Thanks for sharing with us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lin..a super sweet card :0)..thanks for joining us at PFP...Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lin,
    I soooo love this image. Your colouring is brilliant & those papers are goegeous. The ribbon looks so lush. Thanks for joining us at PFP.
    Hugs,
    Andie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cute! I really like the blocked background and the BG papers. Great coloring job on that sweet image, too. Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fab card. Thank you for joining us at PfP this week.
    Hugs, Anja

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really gorgeous what a sweet image and gorgeous colours, thanks for playing at LOTV this week hugs Pops x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hiya Lin! Wow... stunning cards! I've just had a quick scroll down and catch up with your beautiful designs. They are all so unique and inspiring.
    Thanks for your comments on my blog. They really made my day!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  11. a gorgeous card and I love this LOTV image! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Lin this is so cute and your colour choices match up beautifully. The more of these stamps I see the more I neeeeeed lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable image ... thanks for sharing with us in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! Thanks for sharing with us at PIO.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lin! What a gorgeous card and great memories of childhood!! Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice! this week!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a darling card! Wonderful colors and your coloring on that sweet little image is perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at TSTR! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card again Lin and a lovely story to boot...
    I get so frustrated with my camera, good job they are digital these days eh...

    x
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. I enjoy reading each and every one and appreciate that you took the time to leave one. If you have a particular question you can always click the 'email me' link in the sidebar. Lin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails